Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Changing the Pledge of Allegiance:Writer's Choice

I selected this piece as it shows my growth as a writer. The effort I put forth in defending my thesis was overwhelming at times. I felt that I had to defend my selection of the Pledge of Allegiance as a tradition. Thus a fire started in my brain.

I think the hardest part about writing this paper was trying not to assert my opinion I thoroughly enjoyed researching and providing specific details that supported my thesis. This was not an easy paper to write. There are so many different opinions on the Pledge of Allegiance at times I even second guessed my own thoughts on it.

We were asked to show analysis in the antithesis. I have shown this within the following sentence from my essay. It may be however, that some groups are not satisfied with the separation of church and state, and that the removal of the reference to God will offend them. Most of those offended appear to reside in the Christianity community. It may however, also offend those who have only known the second version since they have made it their own tradition since childhood and feel a particular tie to it.

There were a lot of details and moving parts that I had to keep cohesive. In the end I enjoyed this paper and felt that it represented some growth for me in this class. I hope you enjoy reading it.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic introduction. I can tell how much you really liked this paper!
    Seana

    ReplyDelete