Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Visitor: Critical Thinking

I have selected this piece to represent my critical thinking. We were assigned a movie to watch and analyze. The movie I selected is called “The Visitor” This movie was about illegal aliens and the impacts of 9/11 in trying to obtain a Green card to live in the United States. This was a great movie and really weighed heavy on the heart and provoked deep thoughts about the United States immigration issues.

In separate paragraphs we were to respond with our thoughts about people crossing the line and the concept of boundaries. In the first response regarding crossing the line, I focused on the different situations within the movie that the individual characters and their individual actions crossed the line and provided critical thinking for those individual actions. For the second response for boundaries, I felt that I had good critical thinking skills on analyzing the situation when Tarek was arrested.

1 comment:

  1. Great introduction! It really sets up the story and makes me want to read more!
    Seana

    ReplyDelete